You may renew eligible materials in person, by telephone, or online. Not all materials are eligible for renewal. Some limitations apply.
Renewing Online and Viewing Your Checkouts
To renew online, go to https://vulcan.bham.lib.al.us/patroninfo/
- Click in the box labeled “Your Name:”
- Type in your name
- Click in the box labeled “Type in your barcode number:”
- Type in the number on your library card under the barcode
- Click on the button that says “Submit”
- Your name, address, and telephone number will appear. If you have any items checked out, a button that says “X items currently checked out” will be visible on the screen
- Click on this button
- Your record of currently checked out items will appear
- To renew all items: click on the button that says “Renew all”
- To renew some items: click in the box beside the item you wish to renew then click on the button that says “Renew selected items”
- After clicking “renew,” you must examine the STATUS column for each book to determine IF it has actually been renewed.
- If it has been renewed, note the new due date for your records.
- If it did not renew (limitations), return the material promptly.
- NOTE: Even if you do not notice that an item did not renew, you are responsible for any overdue fines.
Renewing in Person
To renew in person, go to any public library in Jefferson County.
Renewing by Telephone
To renew by telephone, call your local library with your library card or driver’s license at hand.